|2008 IntroComp Underway!
||[Aug. 21st, 2008|07:39 am]
The Interactive Fiction Community
It is with extreme pleasure that I announce the release of six entries in the 2008 IntroComp, sponsored by XYZZYnews:|
* The Bloody Guns, by Stuart Allen
* Fiendish Zoo, by Elizabeth Heller
* Storm Cellar, by P. F. Sheckarski
* Bedtime story, by Taleslinger
* Phoenix's Landing: Destiny, by Caroline VanEseltine
* Nine-Tenths of the Law, by Jack Welch
You can download the games at http://www.allthingsjacq.com/IntroComp08/IntroComp08.zip.
As you play, please rate each introduction on a scale of 1-10, with a '10' indicating that you'd *really* like to see the author release a full version of that game. You should submit your votes via the web form at http://www.xyzzynews.com/introcomp/
The voting deadline will be on September 5, 2008, with winners announced two days later during a live ceremony on ifMUD (to be held Sunday, September 7th, at 2pm Eastern, 7pm UTC).
Just a few reminders:
* Authors may not vote.
* Beta testers are allowed to vote, but only on games they did not test.
* Everyone else in the entire world may vote on as many or as few entries as they like, on the usual 1-10 scale (10 being the best). However, they are asked to judge games with one thought in mind, and one alone: "How much do I want to play more of this entry?"
* We ask that judges please refrain from posting reviews of the IntroComp games during the judging period, so as not to taint the voting process, but feel free to send feedback directly to the authors prior to the voting deadline — after all, the best prize that authors receive is feedback, right?
On behalf of this year's six authors, thank you in advance for downloading, playing, and voting on these introductions. I know the authors appreciate the feedback.